Etiquetas

martes, 27 de septiembre de 2016

Coffee loving cardmakers fall bloghop!

Hello there beauties!!

I'm back to the blog, with the occasion of "2016 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop". (click & check out all the info back at their page!) They are currently running a blog hop under the theme of fall and, of course, coffee, so I thought I could just make a card too!! It's no secret that I love coffee, and in these fall mornings it really helps to start off the day in the best mood!!

The card I've made is this one:
I didn't have at hand any Fall-related papers for the background, so I decided to do my own! I made the cardbase out of some manila coloured cardstock and stamped the same leaf several times, trying to follow a random pattern the best that I could. I then coloured it with watercolor pencils, but I didn't bother to blend them with water as I wanted a messy effect for the background: 


Then I cut a piece of watercolor paper with my big circle punch, and stamped there two figures: this lovely fox from Imaginisce and that mug from a stamp set for children. I coloured them both with the same water solubable pencils and blended everything with a brush and a little water. I also created that soft grey shadow under them, so that they weren't just floating in the empty space!
I then had to add the steam coming out from the hot mug full of delicious coffee, and I also put a little glossy accents in the heart, to make it pop out to catch the eye.
 Then, I took a sticker alphabet and "wrote" the words FALL COFFEE in a long piece of kraft cardstock, just because I don't have any coffee related sentiments as of yet - but oh, I've been eyeing some... I know you understand! I then assembled the whole thing - I used a little foam tape behind the circle with the fox and his mug.



I think that the overall result is quite autumm related, all those leaves in fall colors really help make the effect! Plus the beautiful fox and his mug of coffee... I know it will make someone's day when they get it in the mail!

Please go and visit other participant's projects and do leave some love there! Everyone likes comments on their work, rigth? :)
Hugs and until next time! Happy cardmaking!!

12 comentarios: